Sunday, September 19, 2010

So I'm living with the parents for the next couple months, and a week or so ago I came across a letter I'd written to my family when I was in Bolivia serving a mission. It amused me so I thought I'd share:

"There's a young woman, Nelly, who wants to be baptized but we need to get permission from her parents before she can. She told us recently that she had kneeled in her room to pray, and was asking out loud, "Heavenly Father, help me know if the Book of Mormon is true." Meanwhile, her brother had heard her praying so he came to the door and said "Noooooo."

Haha while she may have been surprised by that response, I believe she did get an answer from Heavenly Father that the Book of Mormon was His word, in addition to the Bible. Sometimes I just sit in awe of this book, and ask myself, "Did all this stuff really happen?" But when I read it, I feel so happy, and when I apply the principles from it in my life, I feel that I'm a better person and I'm closer to Heavenly Father. Just like the Bible, it helps me look to Christ as my savior, and it helps me understand what will make me the most happy here in this life. I'm glad I have the Book of Mormon in my life to learn from, and I highly recommend it for anyone who hasn't read it before--and also for those who have :)

1 comment:

Jared W. said...

You're cool. and the Book of Mormon is cool. You two should hang out all the time.