Tuesday, November 2, 2010

To NaNoWriMo and beyond!

November's a pretty exciting month this year. I get to hang out in Utah and see awesome people, I get to eat my sister's food, and I get to find out if I'm all done with the CPA exam. But on top of all that fun, I'm think I'm going to write a novel. Some time ago, some pretty cool people decided that they should think up something to do with all their empty afternoons in November (I don't know what they do with the empty afternoons every other month). What did they decide? They decided that they should fill those November hours with lots of writing. So now, the challenge is on, for any who want to join them, to write a 50,000 word novel from start to finish in the month of November. I hope to put in about 2500 a day. So far, I have 1,289 words. But the night is young and before the dawn comes tomorrow, I may have set down another 1,211 more. If you're thinking right now, "This sounds like an awesome idea!," well, I'm here to tell you it is pretty awesome, and you should join me. Any takers?

No comments: