Monday, May 23, 2011

Man cannot live by cookies alone

My 26th birthday was a great one. First of all, it was an even year--and turned out to be a really good year. Second of all, it so happened that I had been in the same apartment complex (Courtside) for the summer before, and so when my birthday came around I actually had friends to celebrate it with. Third of all, it took place on Labor Day which meant that I got to join the masses and hike Mt. Timpanogos in Orem, Utah. My friend Jared W. decided that it was a good year to host a lemonade stand on Timp, so I got to join in those festivities and pass out free lemonade to passersby


But after we made it down the mountain again, it was still my birthday. So we went home and made several cakes. I think we made five. I definitely had made friends over the summer, but not enough to eat five cakes. So I ended up eating cake at breakfast, lunch and dinner for the week after. Turns out, when you do that, your stomach hurts. Funny how that happens.

Today, I didn't make five cakes. I did make two batches of cookies to share at church...but when I got to church I found out that four other people had also brought cookies to share...and I may have eaten cookies for breakfast. And I may have eaten only one small non-cookie meal today. Alas, today was a refresher course in my best lesson learned from my 26th birthday. Eating cookies all day, every day may sound like a lot of fun. It may even come about as we try to emulate our role models


But in the end, it's a bad idea. A very tasty bad idea. Which is why the very last thing I ate tonight (about half an hour ago) was milk and cookies, and why for the next two days I'll be regretting every last one. Mostly regretting, anyway.

No comments: